I am a Free Software enthusiast since I discovered the existence of Free Software (as in free speech), in 1996.
I have participated to the Free Software ecosystem by doing interviews with project authors, by writing Free software, by doing reports about events, and by contributing code.
My resume (in french)
My LinkedIn profile (french and english).
My Github account where you can see my software projects and contributions.
I active on LinuxFR french news site about Free Software.
You can contact me.
- Speaker at PyParis 2018 on Type annotations with Python.
Interviews and Articles
I have done several interviews of free software projects that I love. The interviews were done just for fun, and published on dedicated free software news sites.
- September 2018, Detailed description of the Python 3.7 changes, published on linuxfr.org
- April 2014, Overview of the different Python VM, published on linuxfr.org
- April and October 2009, two articles on PyPy and Unladen Swallow on linuxfr
- April 2011, Interview of three french core-developers of the Python language, published on linuxfr.org
- April 2004, Interview of Qt creator and Trolltech founder Eirik Eng, and KDE founder Mattias Ettrich, published on dot.kde.org
- May 2002, KDevelop Team Interview
- February 2002, Interview of Guido van Rossum creator of the Python language
- February 2002, Interview of the KOffice team
- February 2002, Interview of the Fosdem organiser Raphael Bauduin
- September 2001, Interview of Qt creator and Trolltech founder Eirik Eng, published on dot.kde.org
Report on past events
I have written some reports about events I participated in.
- 2003, KDE has tea with RMS (that was the first time RMS actually give recognition to KDE)
- 2003, Report about Linux Solution
- 2002, Report about the Fosdem, by Bluebird and Orzel
- 2002, Report about Linux Expo 2002
Pages about specific knowledge that I wrote for future reference:
- Packaging a Python program
- Surviving on Windows for linux freaks
- Developing Free Software on Windows
- 2001: Presentation of the KPart technology of KDE 2
- 2001: From Gtk to PyQt, a gui toolkit comparison with source code of Gtk, Qt and PyQt
Obsolete software projects
Those projects are listed here for historical reasons but they are completely outdated, serve no longer any purpose and probably won't run on any linux distribution.